Happy December everyone! Here’s a fun Hanukkah recipe!
Equipment: 1 baking sheet, parchment paper, 1 bowl, 1 mixing spoon, a flat surface (to roll your cookie dough out on), 1 small knife, 1 cup, and 1 rolling pin
Ingredients: Sugar cookie mix (and the flour, butter, and eggs that your cookies require), and Jolly Rancher hard candies
- Mix together your sugar cookie ingredients as directed on the box/bag that you picked for this recipe. (My cookies used 3 Tbsp of added flour, 1 stick of butter, and 1 egg)
- After your cookie ingredients have formed a soft dough, spread some flour on a flat surface and on your rolling pin
- Roll your dough out until flat and about 1/4 of an inch thick
- Using the rim of an upside down cup, cut out your cookie circles
- Using your small knife, cut out your symbols inside your cookies, discarding the dough from the center of your shapes (this dough can be used again to make more cookies!)
- Place your cookies on a sheet of parchment paper on your baking sheet
- Place 1 Jolly Rancher inside the shape cut into each cookie
- Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 5-7 minutes
- Let your cookies cool for 10-20 minutes
- Enjoy your cookies and Happy Hanukkah!