Thanksgiving is a few days away so I decided to make a cute Turkey Day recipe!
Equipment: 1 Cupcake pan, paper or tin foil baking cups, 1 bowl, a spoon, a knife, a small ziplock bag, and a pair of scissors
Ingredients: Cake mix (and the eggs, water, vegetable oil, etc. that your chosen cake mix requires), icing (both chocolate and vanilla), Fudge Stripe Cookies, candy corn, Oreos, mini m&ms, and orange food coloring
- Combine your cake ingredients as directed on the box of your chosen cake mix
- Bake your cupcakes as directed on the box. You will know that they are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean
- After your cupcakes cool completely, cover the tops of your cupcakes with chocolate icing
- Cut a Fudge Stripe Cookie in half and cover one side in chocolate icing, then place the cookie on the top half of your cupcake so it looks like a rainbow
- Place 4 or 5 candy corns on the icing on the fudge stripe cookie, making the “feathers” of your turkey
- Separate the halves of two Oreos, placing the cookies with the cream on your cupcake next to one another beneath your Fudge Stripe Cookie
- Place one mini m&m on each Oreo completing your turkey’s eyes
- After mixing the orange food coloring into your vanilla icing, take a spoon and transfer two spoonfuls into the bottom corner of your ziplock bag
- Cut a small hole in the corner of the ziplock bag with your scissors so as to create an easy icing applicator
- Squeeze a small amount of icing out of the ziplock bag in between the Oreo “eyes,” making your turkey’s beak
- Enjoy your Turkey Day treat!